On 7/14/07, Daniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I thought I'd try out the new i810 driver for my intel card (IBM X41 Tablet)
and while most of X seems to work just fine, even with compiz, mplayer is
just plain busted (see mplayer output followed by xvinfo output below) in
that it shows a black window (window decorations are intact, but it's just a
black box) and audio comes through just fine.  While the video plays, this
line is repeated over and over:

I've a i915, and it happens the same thing with beryl. However, if I
switch to metacity everything is fine, so I suppose there is a problem
with beryl/compiz... or maybe the chip is just unable to use both
beryl and Xv, but then beryl/compiz should be fixed so it gives the
resources to Xv when in use.

My question then is: is this the kind of thing that I should report as a bug?
And if so, to whom?  Freedesktop.org or Gentoo.org?

Probably compiz/beryl; I tell you, with the exact same X configuration
and metacity, MPlayer works perfectly. You can work around it (a
little) using "mplayer -vo x11" or editing ~/.mplayer/config and
putting "vo=x11". Then you can play videos, but you loose  real
fullscreen.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Facultad de Ciencias, UNAM