On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 14:33 -0300, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
> On 7/17/07, Xav' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Iain Buchanan wrote :
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > for a while I've been seeing errors like this:
> > >
> > > fglX11AllocateManagedSurface: __FGLTexMgrAllocMem failed!!

> I had this problem because the way shm was mounted, changed it from:
>
> shm /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0

> tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0 #from gentoo ati drivers wiki
>
> At /etc/fstab, then umounted and mounted it again, and it worked.
> Don't ask me why, lol.

thanks, I had "none", so I changed it to "tmpfs", but no change to the
error!  AFAIK this field doesn't have any effect for non-partition based
filesystems.  Perhaps it worked for you because it purged /dev/shm, and
you had some non-writable files in there (as per the other suggestion)?

thanks,

It were not best that we should all think alike; it is difference of opinion
that makes horse-races.