On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 13:36 +0200, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:55:58 +0930 Iain Buchanan
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I'm happy to leave the info vs man flamewar for someone else, but
> > what I _don't_ like is when you have both man and info, and one of
> > them is very deficient (in grub's case, man).  The description is
> > different, less informative, and quite misleading.  Instead, is
> > should say either nothing but "refer to info pages"; or it should be
> > the same as the info pages...
>
> Yeah, like a short synopsis and then a clear reference, let's say along
> the lines of
> ----snip----
[snip]

> But looking at grub(8), it seems someone was faster. SCNR.

OK, I'm an idiot.  I blabbed off at `man grub` without actually looking
at it... I thought it said something along the lines of the online grub
manual quoted by the OP...

back to my hole.

You know, Moe, my mom once said something that really stuck with me.  She
said, `Homer, you're a big disappointment,' and, God bless her soul, she
was really onto something.

                -- Homer Simpson
                   There's No Disgrace Like Home