>> It is ignored by portage as the scribus ebuild has no tk use flag which
>> should probably implemented. With this use flag portage will complain
>> about missing tkinter and advises you to reinstall python with tkinter
>> support.
>>
>> I had this kind of problem with another package before.
>>
>> Time to fill a bug!
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Daniel
>
> Same here.  Do you plan to file this bug?  I don't have the error, I
> suspect you don't either and I would imagine the OP doesn't either now
> that it is working.
>
> It does need to be fixed though.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)  :-)

This only affects users who don`t have the tk use flag set for python
and want to use the scribus font sampler script. As such things should
automatically treated by portage, there should be filed a bug.

I don't use scribus myself, but i can file the bug. I don`t think it is
a big thing to fix, just introduce the tk use flag in the ebuild and and
add a check whether python is built with the tk use flag.

There are also other things in the ebuild which i think they should be
fixed. I will report here when the bug is ready.

Regards,

Daniel