On 06/08/07, sean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There seems to be a lot of excessive processor usage and I am trying to
> track down why.
>
> Is anyone able to recommend the best way to track down what is causing
> the excess processor usage?
>
> I have not noticed anything using top.

You might want to look at sysstat for tracking system load:
app-admin/sysstat

Oprofile will track down exactly what is happening on your box (modulo
particularly clever root-kits). It requires kernel support and can be
a bit daunting, but is very powerful:
dev-util/oprofile

>                                         Thanks
>                                         Sean

Cheers,
Duane.

--
"I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan