On 8/9/07, Gary Artim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi --
> emerge has been reporting +1 more
> ._cfg???? then I find when I run find.
> This has just started happening. I
> reinstalled the findutils just to be sure
> I haven't been hack (i know this isn't
> bullet proof), am I missing some place
> that emerge looks or ?? any help is
> greatly appreciated!
> Gary (see below)
>
>  >>> No outdated packages were found on your system.
>  * Regenerating GNU info directory index...
>  * Processed 145 info files.
>  * IMPORTANT: 4 config files in '/etc' need updating.
>  * See the CONFIGURATION FILES section of the emerge
>  * man page to learn how to update config files.
> localhost gary # find /etc -iname '._cfg*'
> /etc/mutt/._cfg0000_Muttrc.dist
> /etc/mutt/._cfg0000_mime.types.dist
> /etc/._cfg0000_mime.types
> localhost gary # find /etc -iname '*._cfg*'
> /etc/mutt/._cfg0000_Muttrc.dist
> /etc/mutt/._cfg0000_mime.types.dist
> /etc/._cfg0000_mime.types

What about you try using your config file updater (etc-update,
dispatch-conf) and see what is this other file it reports and post it
here?

If the updater doesn't report 4 files, then there's definetly
something wrong... Else, you may have a file somewhere else than /etc
that need update, and that msg is just kinda wrong...

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil