Hi,

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:53:51 +0000 (UTC) Mateus Interciso
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, so my ISP gives my just one IP, as it you have already guessed,
> and yes, probably I did mixed up a lot of stuff, and I'm terrible
> sorry for this.

Oh, that's just fine for me, it's probably yourself you've caused some
troubles and headaches.

> I really don't need a bridge, as long as I can find a way to fix the
> VoIP, I tought of the bridge because the win2k3 had it enabled for
> routing the packages, it picked up on one side the internet
> connection with a valid ip 200.*.*.* and on another NIC it had the
> internal network (in that time 192.168.0.1/28), and it built a bridge
> (if I remember right, using the 192.168.0.1 IP) and we connected to
> the bridge, and the bridge was routing the packages from internal, to
> external.

Hm, I'd really wonder if that's what's called a bridge in Windows. That
sounds like simple routing, easy to set up in Windows using the
"Internet Sharing" options (which basically adds forwarding to the
Internet interface -- you could do that with a registry hack, too) and
add a simple DHCP server on the LAN side. Windows also has regular
bridges and under certain circumstances sets up those automatically.
But that's enough OT talk, this is Gentoo :-)

> Of course I could be wrong, since I wasn't the guy who made
> this, and since we needed a firewall, bether then the w2k3, we putted
> the gentoo box, and I NATed the connection.
> So, basically, this is it.

You'll have to continue using NAT. Drop all bridge-related
configuration (i.e. keep away from brctl), configure the external
interface to forward connections.

Then you have to care for incoming connections. For a good SIP setup
with more than one SIP client, I'd highly suggest looking at SIP
proxies like siproxd. For one SIP client in the internal LAN you
basically need to map a incoming connections on the relevant port
(5060, I think) on the Router/Firewall PC to that internal client. If
extensions or other protocols come into play, you should absolutely
look for proxies for those protocols.

Since there's only one IP, you have no bridging options and all your
computers in the LAN have to look like one machine to the outside. You
_have_ to use port forwarding or proxying.

Feel free to ask further specific questions!

-hwh