Hi,

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:30:08 -0400
"Matthew R. Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> fstab doesn't mention /dev/sdb1
> normally I just plug the pendrive in, the icon pops up in media:/ in
> konqueror, I click on it and do what I need to do

Hm, OK, then other daemons come into action. Unfortunately, I'm not
using KDE, so I've got no idea where that may make a difference.

> > So I guess the stick, or at least the card, is not NTFS but FAT (since
> > it worked before), right?
> Correct it is, was, FAT

Yep:

> /dev/sdb1: x86 boot sector, code offset 0x3c, OEM-ID "MSDOS5.0",
> sectors/cluster 16, root entries 512, Media descriptor 0xf8, sectors/FAT 248,
> heads 255, hidden sectors 32, sectors 1015776 (volumes > 32 MB) , serial
> number 0xb465569d, unlabeled, FAT (16 bit)

> > > I've just checked the kernel config and all the NLS support is compiled
> > > in

Ah, then that might be why there's no nls_cp437 module.

Since I got no idea how to debug the KDE part, all I can suggest is
issuing the following as root: "mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt" and see
if it gets mounted beneath /mnt. That way, you can exclude media and
kernel issues. If errors show up, post them and the new lines in the
kernel log.

-hwh