thanks to both of you for your answers...they were a great help to me and i
think now i can proceed on buying the monitor without any more hesitations.
If i have any further problems/questions after i have bought the monitor i
will
post back.is there any other software other than ddccontrol which would help

me control the monitor or is ddccontrol all i need?? thanks...