On Friday 17 August 2007 10:11, Aaron Clark wrote:
> On 16-Aug-07, at 9:55 PM, James wrote:
[snip]
> > <*> New SysKonnect GigaEthernet support
> > <*> SysKonnect Yukon2 support (EXPERIMENTAL)
> >
> > And added a few options under pci express
> > (don't remember exactly)
>
> The latter should be the sky2 driver.
>
> > Is this the sky2 driver you refer to?
> >
> > If not, can you grep your .config file and post the exact
> > string, as I do not see a sky2 driver.....?
>
> CONFIG_SKY2 is the entry in my .config file.  2.6.20-gentoo-r7
>
> Aaron
> --

have you ever tried use the skge module?

 │ CONFIG_SKY2:

│
  │

│
  │ This driver supports Gigabit Ethernet adapters based on the

│
  │ Marvell Yukon 2 chipset:

│
  │ Marvell 88E8021/88E8022/88E8035/88E8036/88E8038/88E8050/88E8052/

│
  │ 88E8053/88E8055/88E8061/88E8062, SysKonnect SK-9E21D/SK-9S21

│
  │

│
  │ There is companion driver for the older Marvell Yukon and

│
  │ Genesis based adapters: skge.

│
  │

│
  │ To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the module

│
  │ will be called sky2.  This is recommended.

│
  │

│
  │ Symbol: SKY2 [=m]

│
  │ Prompt: SysKonnect Yukon2 support (EXPERIMENTAL)

│
  │   Defined at drivers/net/Kconfig:2116

│
  │   Depends on: NET && NETDEVICES && NETDEV_1000 && PCI

│
  │   Location:

│
  │     -> Device Drivers

│
  │       -> Network device support

│
  │         -> Network device support (NETDEVICES [=y])

│
  │           -> Ethernet (1000 Mbit) (NETDEV_1000 [=y])

│
  │   Selects: CRC32

│

your NIC module is in the list, have a try with

modprobe skge

Hope it will work

Wang
--
Wang, Baojun                                        Lanzhou University
Distributed & Embedded System Lab              http://dslab.lzu.edu.cn