Hello,

Trying to show that we could use Linux in our chool, I am trying to connect a
machine per wifi to a rather Macintosh oriented network.

I know I can connect from a (PC) laptop running Mac OS, and the Linux machine
is so far that I know the card works and I can see the network. It's an open
network (no wep) as the students should be able to connect as well.

The problem is that I don't get an IP, and it seems I don't get the access
point either (both are probably linked).

If I run net-setup it fonds the card and configures it by simply asking if i
use DHCP, but that info obviously is not enough.

I very nood when it comes to DHCP, as my local network uses fixed IP and I had
no problem connecting to it with the same machine. I've found a lot of infos
as to how to tell which channel or which network I want to connect to, but I
can't solve this "no IP, no AP" problem.

If anyone can give me a hint I'd be glad.

Thierry