Noud Aldenhoven schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure in which mailing list this one belongs, so I hope I
> picked the right one.
>
> I was trying to make an ebuild for a small MUD client (tinyfugue). But
> it doesn't seem to work correct. When I try to compile it I get an
> ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY ERROR from sandbox because I tried to access
> /usr/bin.
>
> ACCESS DENIED  open_wr:   /usr/bin/tf
>
> Could someone tell my how I can give my ebuild the rights to access
> /usr/bin? The script looks like this one:

Normally in the src_install stage the files are installed to
"${PORTAGE_TMPDIR}/portage/${PF}/image" which is DESTDIR="${D}" as you
have specified, but somehow portage tries to copy to /usr/bin directly
which is not allowed. The reason is maybe a faulty Makefile, but i am
not sure about.

> And my second question; would it be able if this script become safe to
> submit it to the gentoo portage list?

You can file a bug at http://bugs.gentoo.org/ to ask for a new package.

Regards,

Daniel