On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 21:14 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
> Two identical cores show up in /proc/cpuinfo.  To save space on the
> list, I'm only listing the 2nd one.  I'm about to do an install.  Any
> ideas for USE and other settings also welcome.
>
> processor     : 1
> vendor_id     : GenuineIntel
> cpu family    : 6
> model         : 15
> model name    : Genuine Intel(R) CPU            2140  @ 1.60GHz
> stepping      : 2
> cpu MHz               : 1596.041
> cache size    : 1024 KB
> physical id   : 0
> siblings      : 2
> core id               : 1
> cpu cores     : 2
> fdiv_bug      : no
> hlt_bug               : no
> f00f_bug      : no
> coma_bug      : no
> fpu           : yes
> fpu_exception : yes
> cpuid level   : 10
> wp            : yes
> flags         : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
> pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc
> pni monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
> bogomips      : 3192.10

If it's going to be a 32bit system, then personally, I would use:

CFLAGS="-march=prescott -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"

which is what I use on my 531 Prescott (the pni cpuflag indicates
Prescott or compatible)

If you are doing a 64bit system, then use -march=nocona and
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu" and remember to use a 64bit livecd for the
install like the one for amd64 unless they've got something better now
adays.

That's my $0.02. Anyone else have additions/corrections? :-)

--
Statux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>