Am Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:37:27 -0500
schrieb Tim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Mihamina (R12y) Rakotomandimby wrote:

> >> Xen actually made it in to the .23 mainline kernel,
> >
> > Do you mean xen will be directly in the kernel, the way alsa is?
> > I did not see that great news on the Xen users ML.
> > Have you got any reference?
> >
> That's exactly what I meant :)
>
> I got the news from kerneltrap.org[1], and the git commits are
> directly viewable on git.kernel.org[2].
>
> [1] http://kerneltrap.org/node/13917
> [2]
> http://git.kernel.org/gitweb.cgi?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=5ead97c84fa7d63a6a7a2f4e9f18f452bd109045

I would note, however, that it's just the domU(?), meaning you can build
Linux as a guest kernel. The dom0 stuff, however, which is required to
build a hypervisor, is *not* in mainline. Your link states that in a
comment, but I wanted to explicitly point it out.

To quote kernelnewbies:

"Xen

Part of Xen has been merged. The support included in 2.6.23 will allow
the kernel to boot in a paravirtualized environment under the Xen
hypervisor. But support for the hypervisor is not included - this is
only guest support, no dom0, no suspend/resume, no ballooning. It's
based in the paravirt_ops infrastructure."

I don't want anybody disappointed from the realization when they get to
the kernel configuration with 2.6.23 ;).