On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:53:04 -0400
Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> � Guerrero wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 03:36:13 +0200
> > Volker Armin Hemmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > So the nvidia people say. Though I can confirm that in my installation
> > it doesn't work. It just lockups (and yes, I am sure that X composite
> > was off, because I always have it off).
> >
> The lockup is probably caused by having the hal use flag set when you
> compile xorg-server. If you disable it you should be able to run the X
> server without conflicting with hal/dbus which was the problem.

Can you give me some more info/links or pointers about the reasoning
behind this? Why should hal be a problem when it always worked without
a single problem?

Or maybe a misunderstood you and you mean that is the conjunction of
a broken driver (nvidia) and the hal stuff, bit in that case the guilty
is not hal anyway, but the driver.

Also, I wonder why would I want to run X without hal/dbus support :P

Thanks.

--
Jesús Guerrero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>