On Monday 17 September 2007 15:33:54 Mick wrote:
> This is how I understood that is should work too.  If for what ever reason
> it doesn't rebuild the above packages itself, it should either say why
> (e.g. keyword masked, Blocked, not in portage, etc.) and, or pass it on to
> me to emerge/unmerge manually as required.  I thought that invariably this
> is how portage behave, hence this thread to resolve my confusion.  Are we
> in agreement that there is something wrong on this occasion - should I file
> a bug?  Or a 'feature request?  Or wait until it happens again?

Reading the full output you posted, I suspect I see the problem.
# revdep-rebuild -X -p -v
should be
# revdep-rebuild -X -- -p -v

The revdep-rebuild help doesn't say it does anything with a -p arguement to
itself, but it may well do. The -- is a separator between revdep-rebuild
arguements, and arguements it passes to emerge.

--
Mike Williams