On Tuesday 25 September 2007, Grant wrote:
> > > So much for that.
[snip...]

> > Customer service in the Internet age :(
> >
> > I would find a new host, but that's just me.
>
> Any recommendations?

Couldn't you host your own server in the loft or the garage, using an old box
for the job?  A car battery + inverter for UPS (all second hand of course)
should see you good for not much more than the cheapest of most ISP packages
per year.  The catch here is that access speed may not be as good as the more
centralised fiber optic data centers with their load sharing, 8 CPU monsters,
but as I assume that you are not running amazon or google you should be
OK.  ;-)

It may be worth checking with your domestic DSL/cable ISP that they do not
throttle traffic and that they allow you to run a server in their T&Cs.
--
Regards,
Mick