So I was an idiot when I set up my system and didn't use LVM. Now that I'm out of disk space on one of my drives and kicking myself, I want to do it without doing a reinstall. If I use tar -cvjpf oldSystemThatShouldStillWorkWhenUnTarred.tar.bz2 /, then setup LVM, then tar all that junk back to the new system via tar -xvpf oldSystemThatShouldStillWorkWhenUnTarred.tar.bz2 with / as my working directory, should that do the trick (with, of course, another go at grub-install)? Is the -p flag to tar enough to store ALL the necessary file system information? I just want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything...

P.S.  And I'll have to build LVM support into the kernel too...