Hi,

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 18:50:56 -0400 Allan Gottlieb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Does that mean I am at some risk with headers at a higher version than
> the kernel?  I followed the advice at the end of the headers emerge
> and remerged glibc.

Most probably no danger here. The interfaces of the kernel seldom
change that radical that a John Doe user would have to care. Also, most
software is supposed to leave the kernel headers alone anyway. And you
took care of glibc, so that's probably not going to cause headaches.
Since that was a re-emerge, it won't produce a new interface for
userland.

I just explained why I found the first answer to your question somewhat
lacking of argumentation and the further answers to my post then were
just plain wrong. The moral is to never believe people who just claim
stuff without giving a good reasoning.

-hwh