Mick wrote:
Hi All,

I updated splashutils and noticed the changed init scripts (from splash to fbcondecor) at etc-update. Anyway, when I boot I get warnings about "/etc/init.d/splash missing! skipping . . ." fbcondecor kicks in fine and I get all the prescribed eye candy.

What is trying to pull in the /etc/init.d/splash script? Do I need perhaps to recreate my initrd (haven't done this for years it seems).

You just need to remove it - "rc-update del splash". That's all. ;)

Be lucky,

Neil

believed to be clean.