On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 00:56:49 +0200
Arnau Bria wrote:

> I'll redo my backup fine and come back!

Well, I've redone my backup and now my permits and links are fine.
I boot with livecd and I'm able to mount /dev/md1 and see data. I do a
fsck.ext3 on /dev/md1 and it says fs is clean.

So, I reboot to normal system and seems to go fine until it looks for
root filesystem, then it stopts and fsck.ext3 complains about /dev/md1,
it says (aprox, cause it's in spanish) that no file existes when trying
to open /dev/md1. then
/dev/md1:
Superblock could not be read o does not describe a valid ext2 fs
correctly. If the device is valid and it contains a ext2 fs (and not a
swap, ufs o else), then superblock is corruupted and you could run
e2fsck with an alternative superblock:
e2fsck -b 8193 device

What's happening now?
boot message says:
md: created md1
md: bind <hdf3>
md: bind <hdh3>
md: running: <hdh3><hdf3>
raid1: raid set md1 active with 2 outo of 2 mirrors

so, seems it's fine, isn't it?

I'm quite lost now... more than yesterday!

Cheers,
Arnau