On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 08:15:46AM -0600, Penguin Lover Eric Phillips squawked:
> I have gnutls and openssl installed, and have run revdep-rebuild.  I am
> able to visit https sites, only downloads are affected.  neither wget
> nor ping will work.  wget returns "unable to resolve name".  however my
> other computer is able to resolve the same site just fine.

equery uses wget ?

ping is irrelevant. It is the wrong layer for your problem.
unless, of course, you just pinged the hostname (without the https://
part) and it couldn't resolve it; then the problem is either the site
is down or your DNS server is acting up.

Pintsize: When talking about the human experience, it all comes back
    around to poopin' eventually.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 322 days, 15:19