Hi all,

Little history:
like many on this ML I decided that the time has come to switch over to the
64bit computing and went with fresh LiveDVD install of gentoo.

Cruel reality:
After doing stage3 install and making syncing portage I'm failing updates on
gcc and sandbox - both complaining:

configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.

for sandbox there was a suggestion of turning off "sandbox" in FEATURES. I did
that. In fact my FEATURES is absolutely empty at this point and it's still a
no-go.

Now before I go and post this in bugs.gentoo.org I'd like to know if maybe
it's an 64-bit FAQ and I'm doing something wrong. Any
pointers/suggestions/directions are appreciated.

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator