John covici schrieb:
on Saturday 12/08/2007 Rumen Yotov([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote
 > John covici ??????:
 > > Sorry if this is a duplicate -- II never got it back, so I am sending
 > > it again.
 > > and got the following error:
 > >     been masked.
 > > !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
 > >     request:
 > > - sys-auth/policykit-0.6 (masked by: package.mask, ~x86 keyword)
 > > /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
 > > # Saleem Abdulrasool <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (23 Nov 2007)
 > > # Mask this until we get the input and mounting issues worked out
 > > I get past this one?
 > Just add "-t"(--tree) to your emerge command, it'll probably show which
 > app requires policykit.
 > Then mask the update (not policykit) till the issues are fixed.
 > Or omit --deep which could eventually help here.

Well it said that dependency required by "sys-apps/hal-0.5.10"
  [ebuild]    so how do I prevent the update of hal and still be able
 to let the rest of them go through?  The -t gave nothing more.

sys-apps/hal-0.5.10 is masked itself. Why have you unmasked it?

Remove the unmask of hal-0.5.10 and go back to version 0.5.9.1-r3, The masked version needs policykit, so no way around this!