On Monday 17 December 2007 04:30:16 am Eduardo Otubo wrote:
> Hello Marzan,
>
> I have the same wifi card and tryed the same methods to get it working
> and nothing. I'am using ndiswrapper right now, just until I can find a
> way to make it work. Any news gonna mail our list.
>
> []'s
>
> On Dec 13, 2007 6:53 PM, Marzan, Richard non Unisys
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'm trying to get my Broadcom 4311 b/g card to work with the native
> > kernel driver (bcm43xx) and b43-fwcutter but it's does not work. I placed
> > the extracted firmware code in /lib/firmware and dmesg states that it
> > failed to load the module. Has anyone gotten this card to work and how?
> > Any link or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Works like a charm here. Compaq R3000 using the bcm4306 chipset and bcm43xx
module... No real magic involved, but I did write my own initialization
script.  I could never get the wireless started the "gentoo way".

If you guys like, I can zip up and send you what's in my /lib/firmware
directory. Just ask via email.

--

From the Desk of: Jerome D. McBride