On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:46:12 -0600, Marzan, Richard non Unisys wrote:

> Portage can continue to build packages if one fails.
>
> # emerge -options package/list_of_packages || until emerge
> -same_options_as_before package/list_of_packages ; do : ;done

Yes it can, but not with this, which will repeatedly try to build the
same package until entropy stops it. You need

emerge -opts pkglist || untill emerge --resume --skipfirst; do : ; done

but this is a kludge as you will be eying to build packages when their
dependencies failed. I would hope the paludis option is more intelligent.

--
Neil Bothwick

When you are out of whack, the best thing to do is to order more whack.