Hello

On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 11:31:16AM -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm attempting to remove X from a former desktop machine now going to
> see action as a semi-DMZ.
>
> What is the best way to go about removing X and all its files.
>
> Removing the basic x11-base/xorg-x11 is easy enough but there appears
> to be dozens of other X related pkgs installed.
>   x11-proto/* has apparently dozens of relatives installed.
>
> emerge does not appear to accept globbing or maybe I'm just doing it
> wrong.
>

> Would just passing dozens of command line arguments to emerge be a
> suitable way to get rid of all the clutter?

You could remove the meta-package (the one that has size 0 and depends
on everything, I guess it's xorg-x11) and then emerge --depclean. You
probably should check, what everything that might want to remove, as it
might get the things a bit wrong, sometimes.

--
When eating an elephant take one bite at a time.
                -- Gen. C. Abrams

Michal 'vorner' Vaner