Hi all,
Complements of the season.
I use a script to perform backup to a connected usb harddisk and I have
noticed that it appears to be writing all files each time instead of
updating only the changes.  I am wondering if rsync has changed.  I have
read the man pages but am not quite sure if I understand it fully.
This is part of my script:-
$RSYNC                                                          \
-Cvalu --delete-during --stats --progress --exclude '*Trash*' --exclude
'/home/paul/Programs' --exclude 'run'
\
--exclude 'test' --exclude 'media/' --exclude '/home/paul/video/' --exclude
'mnt/' --exclude 'sys'
\
--exclude 'tmp' --exclude 'joan' --exclude 'backup' --exclude 'proc/' --exclude
'log'
\
--exclude 'boot' --exclude 'dev/' --exclude 'lost+found' \
/ /mnt/external/MusicBackup ;

Could someone who is more knowledgeable than me please review the above
and let me know what changes I need to make.

One other question
I wanted to create the empty directories on the backup i.e. run, dev, also
directory links i.e. lib to lib64

Any help please
Paul