On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 22:53:10 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> This machine is been prepped to be a sort of DMZ machine, but not
> more wannabe than really since it will not route stuff to my home lan
> at all... just be the recipient of all blocked stuff at an upsteam
> NETGEAR firewall/router.
>
> I would like an opinion about the USE flags I keep in /etc/make.conf
>
> USE="mysql emacs mbox hal acpi logrotate vga nptl nptlonly \
>   -ipv6 -imap -maildir  -gnome -X -kde"

It depends on the profile you use, since that affects the defaults
for flags not set/unset in /etc. Which profile are you using, hopefully a
server one, and what does "emerge --info show". The output from emerge
--info shows the actual USE flags that will be used, which will be far
too many if you are using a desktop profile.

--
Neil Bothwick

"I heard Tasha Yar is the Enterprise's expert on Data entry."