Hi Dale,

Quoting Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Norberto Bensa wrote:
Hello list,

< SNIP > (damn politicians and all their crazy ideas...)

Don't feel bad, we got some of those too.  The reason we even have DST
changes with everyone I ask.

I have no a problem with DST at all. The problem is how these guys have voted a law in both cameras of the congress in just a few hours, for a change that will be effective in two days (ok, three days), not taking into account the time it will take for us to update our servers and our client boxes.

I don't feel bad... I'm just a little little little fed up of all this stupidity. Just unpack /usr/portage/distfiles/tzdata2007j.tar.gz and read "Argentina" or "Buenos Aires." I'll give you a little quote:

# From Mariano Absatz (2004-06-14):
# ... this weekend, the Province of Tucuman decided it'd go back to UTC-03:00
# yesterday midnight (that is, at 24:00 Saturday 12th), since the people's
# annoyance with the change is much higher than the power savings obtained....

:-/

Regards,
Norberto