Am Montag, 31. Dezember 2007 schrieb Thufir:
> On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:16:26 +0100, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> > Are the device files (links) present in /dev (ll /dev/cdr*)?
>
> arrakis ~ #
> arrakis ~ # ll /dev/cdr*
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 Dec 30 23:11 /dev/cdrom -> hdc
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 Dec 30 23:11 /dev/cdrom1 -> hdd
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 Dec 30 23:11 /dev/cdrw1 -> hdd

Looks good.

> > Maybe no CDRom driver in your kernel or module not loaded? Or no iso9660
> > filesystem module?
>
> I'm not sure.
>
> > Could you post your kernel config, please.
>
> I ran zcat /proc/config.gz and put the results at  http://rafb.net/p/
> DirL3Z54.html for the kernel.

Other than that you have enabled way too much stuff, I don't see any problem
with CDRom support. Everyting that is needed is compiled into the kernel
directly.

So we need a more detailed description of your problem, now. What exactly is
not working and what is the exact error message (if any) you get?

Bye...

        Dirk