On Saturday 05 January 2008, Richard Torres wrote:
> I'm getting pretty much the same error (C compiler cannot create
> executables). I'm pretty sure it's because gcc-3.3.4 is installed.
> I've tried upgrading gcc by emerging but get the same error (catch-22
> situation). Here's the last part of the error log which is the same
> with anything I try to emerge.

A quickpkg of gcc might help you out of this, it's about 7M or so so
small enough to mail to you. Perhaps some kind soul here with similar
settings to you can send their tbz2 of gcc-3.3.6.x

Alternatively, you might be able to unpack a working gcc tarball from a
stage 3 onto your system and use that

It doesn't help you right now, but I've managed to screw up enough
gentoo systems enough times that I now keep quickpkg copies of known
good working critical packages in $PKGDIR - minimally gcc, glibc,
python, portage, tar and a shell

alan

--
Alan McKinnon