Hi,

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 11:09:15 -0600
Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We use evolution.  I tried using Squirrelmail and got this:
>
> Message not sent. Server replied:
>         Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
>         550 Rejected: spam score 6.5

Ah, I see. Exim does output a 550 anyway (and it makes some sense, I
guess the SMTP protocol definition is impractical w/ regard to the
allowed errors). But reading the full error report, it seems it's your
spam detection software that leads exim to deny the mail. Your exim
config seems to indicate that everything with a spam score > 6.0 is to
be denied (those numbers in the config are given with a factor of ten,
I guess?). Depending on whether the full spam check report is available
on the logs, you might want to temporarly disable that mail denial and
check the mail headers for the protocol of which certain spam checks
leads your spam filter to the conclusion it is spam, then adjust that.

-hwh