On 1/7/08, Alan McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Monday 07 January 2008, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> > I see that it's now stable, and I'm going to let the emerge go
> > forward. However, I scrolled back my terminal to when I sent that
> > message, and here's what eix gave me then (primarily the "~" in front
> > of 1.0.4.  Could this be an asychrony with the eix database?
>
> Hmm, sounds reasonable. Perhaps you mistakenly ran emerge --sync instead
> of eix-sync that one time? I've done it myself once or thrice :-)

I would not have thought so because it's all done in cron jobs thrice per
week, giving me reports via email.

However, it is true that emerge sync and eix-update were in two separate
jobs scheduled an hour apart.  It is vaguely conceivable that they got out
of step somehow.  I've unified them, and hope things go better now.

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD