Shaochun Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Maybe you joke will become the truth. Currently, Gentoo has not updated
> its installation CD for a long time!

Well, actually, I never used a Gentoo install CD to install Gentoo. I
also don't quite understand, why anyone would need such a beast. To
install Gentoo, I'd boot my favorite "rescue system" (GRMl nowadays,
Knoppix back then, but IMO Knoppix is too "fat" for *this* *task*)
and install from there. No need for an install CD.

As far as I'm concerned, the Gentoo install CD could easily be dropped
without a loss.

Michael