On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 20:24:52 +0100, Michael Schmarck wrote:

> > Because a first-time installer benefits from the confidence given by
> > using an official install disc.
>
> I don't understand that. What confidence? To install Gentoo,
> you need a way to partition your storage, create filesystems
> and chroot. That can easily be done by any live CD.

Assuming you know what you are doing. If you've ever tried to help a
number of less confident users through it, you'd know what I mean.

While I don't disagree that a Gentoo live CD is absolutely necessary, you
seem to be taking the argument further, saying that Gentoo should not
have its own live CD. Why?

--
Neil Bothwick

Is it a bigger crime to rob a bank or to open one?