Am Sonntag, 13. Januar 2008 schrieb Etaoin Shrdlu:

> You can use Daniel Robbins' stage3s:

Why should I? They're likely also built with different use flags than the ones
I use. Thus I will end up recompiling anyway. Updating the compiler
recompiled a couple dozen packages before. With a stage1 install I have the
compiler, binutils and libc versions of my choice right from the beginning
and don't need to think about which packages have been compiled with an old
(or just different) compiler, possibly causing trouble later.

Bye...

        Dirk