I didn't get much of a response on gmane.comp.kde.devel.kfm about this
trouble I'm having with konqueror (although I was told on another kde
group that was the place for it). I got one post that asked me for
certain specific information which I supplied, but got no more replys
(near 2 wks now). So noticicing some `konq' problems being discussed
at:
   gmane.comp.kde.users.multimedia

I tried there and got no response at all (3 days now).

   kde-3.5-8 desktop

I want konqueror to invoke emacs (or at this point, any editor) when I
choose to `View Document Source' from view menu.

I'm told that kind of setting is done at the below location:

In the Kcontrol settings:
KDE Components/File Associations/text/plain
  No matter which one I choose (emacs, kwrite, kate)
When I restart konq and try to view source... I just get the bouncing
cursor that eventually times out but nothing ever comes up.

I tried putting the absolute path in the dialog but it acts no
different.

All three of those editors start without error from the command line.
I use emacs for many things so its always in working order.

I also tried using the settings under
KDE components/File Associations/text/html  which I doubt is where
this should be done but still setting any of the editors doesn't seem
to help.

The machine has been rebooted a time or two for other reasons but just
letting you know that kde has been restarted but the problem persists.

I'm told kde might write some errors to an ~/.xsessions* file.  Or
some ~/ file anyway.

I'm not sure what filenames to look for but:
I looked for files modified recently in ~/ that might have error
information but I see nothing that looks likely.  And nothing with a
filename that looks promising.

Apparently konqueror is not throwing errors but silently timing out.

Can anyone think of a way to further trouble shoot this?