Am Mittwoch 16 Januar 2008 18:13:22 schrieb Alan McKinnon:
> Hi all,
>
> I haven't seen this one before. My touchpad mouse works normally, until
> I lift my finger and place it somewhere else. Normally, the pointer
> would stay where it is and only move when my finger moves. What happens
> now is my I touch the pad, the pointer moves to a point on the screen
> corresponding to where I touch the pad. Touch pad on left edge, pointer
> moves to left edge of screen, then reacts normally to finger moving
> again. The "stick mouse" works fine.
>
> I get the same result without an xorg.conf, just letting xorg figure
> stuff out for itself.
Stuff is figured out itself now anyway. :-S

You have hal-0.5.10 installed and compiled xorg-server with hal. Now hal will
scan the attached devices and hotplug available mice. The touchpad is
recognized as a mouse and the "evdev" driver is loaded with uses absolute
mode since the device emits absolute coordinates.
These devices are even added when you already have a mouse input device in the
xorg.conf, thus giving you a lot of mice that use the same data (some guys
report double clicks on single clicks, keymaps changed, the touchpad does not
work right anymore).

Put
        Option "AutoAddDevices" "false"
in the Section Serverflags and xorg will stop to hotplug mice.
Or add a custom policy file in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/ to add the touchpad with
the synaptics driver instead of evdev.

Sascha