On Sunday 20 January 2008, Uwe Thiem wrote:

> > Solved.
> >
> > I had the kde overlay in git enabled. Dependencies are now
> > calculated properly when the overlay is disabled.
>
> Uh-huh! Yes, that explains it. Good luck there in building 4.0.0.

Currently on package 158 of 190, it's now 22:31 and the emerge started
at 18:22. I seem to remember building 3.5.x from scratch progressed a
whole lot slower. Maybe this need build system for kde4 really is a
whole lot faster and easier.

My girlfriend says the build output looks pretty :-O

> If I could make konsole of 4.0.0 not to crash on startup and kmail
> from 3.5.8 to start at all in 4.0.0, I would immediately make 4.0.0
> my default desktop. Without these two apps, I can not. :-(

Hmmm, konsole and kmail not running doesn't fill me with joy. This are
probably the apps I use the most followed by konqueror, kopete and
amarok :-(

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com