pu stshine wrote:
use qt-4.3.3.   4.4.0 is not OK yet.

2008/1/22, James Ausmus <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>:

    On Jan 22, 2008 6:42 AM, Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
     > Hi,
     >
     > I started my emerge of KDE 4.0 a while ago and I keep getting
    this error:
    <snip>
     > >  * You are building Strigi with qt4 but without dbus.
     > >  * Strigiclient needs dbus to detect a running Strigi daemon.
     > >  * Please enable both qt4 and dbus.

    <snip>

    Hi Dale-

    I didn't get this error specifically when I was compiling kde 4.0 with
    qt 4.4.0 (I might have upgraded to qt 4.4 after I had already compiled
    strigi), but I know that, right now, the changes in the qt 4.4 API
    aren't supported by (at least) several of the KDE 4.0 packages - they
    just won't compile with it. Also, many of the ebuilds that check *how*
    qt is built before compiling do *not* yet support the way that qt 4.4
    has been split out into several packages (do an eix -I qt- to see all
    the packages that qt has been split to in addition to just
    x11-libs/qt) - in short, I had to re-mask qt 4.4 and downgrade before
    I could continue installing kde 4.0 - the qt 4.4 and kde 4.0 just
    aren't quite ready to mix yet (and qt 4.4 isn't quite ready to mix w/
    Gentoo yet, either - there'll have to be a fair amount of ebuild
    changes to other packages to support it).

    HTH-

    James
    --
    gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org <mailto:gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org>

What he said-4.3.3-QT and you have to add the "accessibility" flag also.

--
Edward A Mihalow Jr
Gentoo! Linux