On Sunday 27 January 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Oh geez, I LOVE it!  I will play with it, it just might do the trick.
> It's sure not what I had been expecting, but if it works reliably, it
> is just the ticket.

Java applets and flash animations could possibly cause problems, since
they might need a few seconds to initialize even after the page is fully
loaded (and thus the "stop" button is already inactive). Of course, if
the pages you load don't use java/flash this is not a problem; but there
might be other pitfalls. For example, I've noticed that konqueror loads
some complex pages in two or more "stages", with a brief pause (and
the "stop" button inactive) between one stage and the next.

You can check that by running something like

while true; do
 dcop konqueror-8364 konqueror-mainwindow#1 actionIsEnabled stop;
done

ie, continuously checking the status of the "stop" button, and you'll see
something like

true
true
true
true
true
true
false
false
false
false
false
false
false
false
false
false
true
true
true
true
true
true
true
true
false

before the page is fully loaded and the status eventually settles
to "false". So, if the script runs the test during the short "false"
interval, it might be fooled into thinking that the page has loaded. I
have not investigated further the cause of this behavior (perhaps
multiple-frame pages?), but these few facts alone should be enough to
deserve extra attention and thorough testing before using the kludge.

> Sheesh.  A bloomin' genius is what you are :-)

Thanks, glad you have at least a slightly better solution than before!