On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:27:50 -0800
"Mark Knecht" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd really like to share my ext3 file server with my Windows machines
> without being forced to use windows file systems.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

If you want to get files to windows hosts that aren't running
(dual-boot), you can do so with ntfs-3g which is a FUSE filesystem that
can write to NTFS.

If the systems are running alongside the linux, use SMB/CIFS -- serve
on windows if you don't want those 'filesystems' to access your
linux.  I don't trust SMB shares either, but putting data from linux
onto them is no different than putting files on there with a flash
drive or disc.