On Feb 6, 2008 1:28 AM, Anthony E. Caudel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
> So, for those users who have used both, is it worth it overall?

I've been using amd64 two years now, and the only 32 bit applications
that *I* use are firefox-bin and mplayer-bin. With swfdec[1] getting
better and better, the former will be unnecessary soon (I hope); and I
haven't used the later in a *long* time (almost *all* videos are even
handled by Totem/GStreamer now, if you unmask and install all the
gst-plugins).

I don't know about the speed difference, but it's really not too much
pain to use amd64.

[1] http://swfdec.freedesktop.org/
--
Canek Peláez Valdés