On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 20:34 +0100, Thomas Kahle wrote:

> Hi all
> for some time now, maybe since I updated to Kernel 2.6.23, I experience
> power drain during suspend to disk (yes, you read correctly DISK).
> I'm using an IBM Thinkpad X30 and the problem is recent. I assume that
> its some kernel option keeping the ethernet alive for wake on lan, or
> something like that.
> Has anyone experienced this, and/or knows kernel options that can be
> responsible for that ?

A laptop I assume?!

Are you sure you don't have the same drain when powering off?  in my
experience, WOL is always a bios setting - did you look there?

What happens if you suspend to disk, then take the battery out for a few
minutes or more - can you resume?  (put it back in of course)

HTH,

Consensus Terrorism:
        The process that decides in-office attitudes and behavior.
                -- Douglas Coupland, "Generation X: Tales for an Accelerated
                   Culture"