Erik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I thought that Qt 4.4 was source compatible with Qt 4.3 so that a
> program written for Qt 4.3 would be buildable with Qt 4.4. I even
> thought that source compatibility was only broken in major versions
> (like Qt3 to Qt4).

You're right, sorry for the mistake. My next guess is that the kdelibs
ebuild is simply not prepared for the qt split. You probably need to
copy to your local overlay the 4.4 ebuild and edit in the dummy use
flags "accessibility dbus gif jpeg png qt3support ssl zlib". Or you
could edit it out of the kde4-base.eclass, but I'd rather not touch
that.