On Friday 15 February 2008 23:55:58 dell core2duo wrote:

>  I have a query about network manager. Network manager is rewriting
> (actually putting blank there) my resolv.conf everytime it reconnected to
> some network by eth0.
>  I want to avoid rewriting my resolv.conf. Can i do so ? if yes then how
> ?

I've tried two things at different times. One is to omit dns_domain_lo
from /etc/conf.d/net, and the other is to "chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf".
Both appear to work.

I do the first of those because I always have (I forget when this variable
was introduced, but it wasn't long ago), and the second because I don't
want any Gentoo scripts messing up my network configuration.

--
Rgds
Peter