On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 13:02 +0000, Stroller wrote:
> On 26 Feb 2008, at 04:18, Iain Buchanan wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 13:15 -0800, Michael Higgins wrote:
> >
> >> (And I don't want to trash my .gnome* folders in a WAG at a fix. I
> >> have
> >> customization that will disappear. Again.)
> >
> > Make a new user with default .blah files.  Does it happen for the new
> > user?  If so, start singling them out one by one... yes it's tedious.
>
> Can't he just `rename .gnome .gnome.old .gnome*`?

probably, but I can never remember what .dirs are used by what programs,
so making a new user is a safe option.  Also, I don't know what gconf
schemas might be set for this user, and if they're stored in ~/ or not.

cya,

furbling, v.:
        Having to wander through a maze of ropes at an airport or bank
        even when you are the only person in line.
                -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"