On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 12:40:02PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Does anyone know of any programs that manipulate X events on a low
> level?  I figure it will need to either record and play back events,
> or let me describe them in an editable file.  I don't know much about
> the low level X structure, but if there is some way to identify and
> choose event handlers (main window, popup window, menus, buttons) by
> name, that would be superb.

Have you thought about xautomation?

[03:48 PM]wwong x11-misc $ emerge --search xautomation
Searching...
[ Results for search key : xautomation ]
[ Applications found : 1 ]

*  x11-misc/xautomation
      Latest version available: 0.96
      Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
      Size of files: 71 kB
      Homepage:      http://hoopajoo.net/projects/xautomation.html
      License:       GPL-2

Willie W. Wong                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
408 Fine Hall,  Department of Mathematics,  Princeton University,  Princeton
A mathematician's reputation rests on the number of bad proofs he has given.