Hi!

If You want to know what hapend last week with gentoo installation with kde4,
kde3, GTK+ apps without fonts I just want to say that it was xf86-video-i810
aka xf86-video-intel driver problem - EXA cards don't display correctly fonts
with EXA enabled. When Force XAA fonts come back. Also PageFlipping don't work
anymore with XAA/EXA. That issues don't exisit under experimental
xf86-video-intel driver from intellinuxgraphics.com/org or what ever. And what
makes me think it's all about driver? Hmm... I accidently install VESA driver
and in config (xorgconfig) I choose VESA thinking - why do not try? And Voila!
All done! Kde 3.5.8 working with no errors. Also applying some tweaks for
i965GM chipset:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "** Intel i810 (generic)               [i810]"
    Driver      "intel"                         # i810 is simlinked to intel so
not matter - it can be freely typed i810
#    VideoRam    262144                         # Not needed - card autodetect
        Option "TripleBuffer" "true"            # TripleBuffer works perfect
        Option "AperTexSize" "131072"           # resized texture memory for 3D
games and apps
        Option "AccelMethod" "XAA"              # only XAA works - must be
forced
#       Option "PageFlip" "true"                # not working correctly
        Option "RenderAccel" "true"             # because KDE 3.5.8 want's it -
not used by driver ;)
EndSection

This works perfect with maximized texture memory 128MB ;) ideal for UT2004.

Greetings,
Mateusz M.